These are some of the properties and characteristics of Mouvedre:
- Buds late – good subject for sites with frost
- Resistant to botrytis but sensitive to powdery and downy mildews
- Leaves are truncated, cuneiform and lyre-shaped
- Bunches are narrow, conical, medium and compact.
- Berries are small, black and round.
If someone gives you a glass of wine and asks you what wine it is, here are characteristics that will help you identify the varietal:
Blackberry, mulberry, spicy, earthy and gamey.