These are some of the properties and characteristics of Nebbiolo:
- Clusters are medium to large; long cylindrical, compact; long peduncles.
- The berries are medium round to short oval; purple but red-purple in sunlight.
- The leaves are medium, 5 lobed and sharp
- One of the last varieties to ripen
- Harvest is primarily done by hand. The bunches are big so its easy.
If someone gives you a glass of wine and asks you what wine it is, here are characteristics that will help you identify the varietal:
Floral, truffle, blackberry, cherry, smoke, tar, licorice.