Who We Are:
Wine-of-the-Month Club is South Africa’s longest standing and largest wine club.
Started in 1986, long before the days you could buy wine online
– our focus is to only sell wine that our EXPERT panel
has voted into the prestigious selection of the wines listed on wineofthemonth.co.za
Why? Let’s face it. Wine can be intimidating. It’s difficult to try new ones and be sure they are top quality. But, how best do you do this?
Well, before I get to that - let me ask you three questions.
- How many times have you chosen the same old South African wine - just to be safe?
- Have you ever stood in front of a supermarket shelf of wine and not known which to choose?
- Wouldn’t you like to learn more about wine, get to taste different types of wine and have them conveniently delivered to your home.
Did you answer ‘yes’ to any of these?
So, what is the best way to solve this problem without the risk of trying lots of ordinary and expensive wines? Easy...
- We invite a panel of ten independent expert wine judges every week
- We ask them to taste and score all the wines blind In a neutral environment at our premises
- Blind wine tasting ensures no judge is influenced by a label or the beauty of a wine farm or warmth of the host
- So that you can purchase only the very best scoring wines that make it on to our site (from inexpensive to premium)
- Plus enjoy our add-ons to help you learn and enjoy more about wine! Exclusive tasting notes storage necktags and the Good Taste magazine.
This way - we focus only on what’s important - "what you taste in the glass".
Whether you joining a club or buying wine
as and when you want to, we only offer you our Panel’s very best.
“I don’t know if you have access to just how long I’ve been a member of your wine club, but it’s many years. Many years of wonderful good wines. I’ve genuinely never had a bad wine...”
—Walter Passet, Blue Horizon Bay
“I’m very busy ... I work at multiple venues everyday – I just love the way your delivery guys make time to get me my delivery just when it suits me – a BIG shout out to the team.”
—T. Moleleki Fourways
“Thank you for bringing fine living to our busy lives ... full of good ideas and innovative surprises for your customers. I can’t help wondering how many hard working people must be ‘behind the scene’.”
—Dr. Julija Erhardt, Bryanston
“Thanks for the quick refund for the Semillon. I tried the wine and it was good. I’m just not a big Semillon fan.”
—R. Khoza, Soweto
“Since joining the Wine-of-the-Month Club tasting panel as a founder member 28 years ago, I must have blind tasted at least 50 000 wines. I've seen the standard of Cape wines improve steadily over the years and I have never tired of discovering new ones every week.”
—Dave Biggs, Wine-of-the-Month panel member
“It feels like Christmas every time I open my box of wine. I’m like a kid in a candy store.”
—E. Gracenor, Parkdene