These are some of the properties and characteristics of the Pinot Grigio:
- Ripens early before Chenin Blanc
- Fairly resistant except for downy mildew. Is susceptible to birds.
- Leaves are large, orbicular thick and dark green
- The bunches are small and cylindrical
- The berries are slightly oval, used only for white wine even though light red/black in colour.
If someone gives you a glass of wine and asks you what wine it is, here are characteristics that will help you identify the varietal:
Melon, pear , subtle tropical or citrus fruit, honey , smoky flavor